I finally got pictures of my finished Carolina Socks
Taking self portraits of socks in ‘just the right light’ is incredibly hard and frustrating! After 3 weeks of trying this and that I finally caved and let Moose take these ones for me.
Pattern:Carolina Socks by Monkey Toes
Yarn:Three Ewes Twisted in Fiber Ewephoric Sock in the Wild Thing colourway. **This company is no longer in business but you can still find their yarn on destashes.
I was a little bit anal with these socks….. ok I was a LOT of anal on these socks. They started out perfectly fine. Each repeat included 2 purl rows and everything was matching but then I got to the heel….at first I just kept knitting the skein but it was breaking up my perfect patterning that I had achieved on the leg.I cut out the next couple of black stripes and used those for the heel and the first repeat, hoping I would have enough to do both heels black. I wasn’t exactly getting the foot to pattern like the leg so I started having to chop out a couple of inches once the new colour started so it would all be even. I pushed my luck even farther by knitting the toe in cut out black stripes as well.
With one sock down I knew it would be smooth sailing from there on out but I was soo wrong. On this sock my stripes weren’t playing nicely at all. At every colour change I was having to chop bits out so that it would match sock #1 and line up the pattern properly. I thankfully had just enough black to complete the heel and toe but ended up weaving a lot of ends in before this pair was complete.
They turned out perfectly!
Thank goodness this pattern was really addictive because it definitely took a lot of ripping to achieve these beauties!