Start Date: January 2007
Finish Date: February 2008
Yarn: Noro Kochran # 10 blue/green/gray
Needles: 10 US
This sweater was picked up and put down so many times I don’t think it knew where it was. I was just cruising along, had almost the whole thing completed in less than a month when things came to an abrupt stop. I didn’t have enough yarn as I had modified the pattern to have full length sleeves instead of 3/4 length. A quick call to Katherine and the yarn was on the way the very next day. I don’t know how I got so distracted with other things but it lay in my WIP basket for a long time. Then with house reno’s and moving the basket and sweater ended up just moving locations. Finally I knit the sleeves and had them all ready to sew on when I realized that my increase stitches were all on the last stitch of the sides of the sleeves therefore making my sewn up edges wonky. I had a big mound of extra stitches on the inside of my sleeves. *Remember this was my first sweater* So back in the basket it went, I was sooo ticked off at it by this time and just wanted it DONE!!! Roll forward to the new year, decisions to clean out the WIP Basket and start off the year somewhat fresh. The sweater had been in the back of my mind all the while and finally one day mum and dad were here and I asked her if she would help me unravel the sleeves so I could start knitting them again. That day I cast on for the first one again, I used fewer stitches this time as I found them to be baggy compared to the body of the sweater. I kept my mind on that sweater and that sweater only until I had the two sleeves done. Last thing to do was sew the sleeves on. Holding my breath I sewed the sleeves and set straight to blocking. A few days later I finally tried it on……… TOOO SHORT!!!!!! AFTER ALL THAT THE FREAKING BODY WAS TOO SHORT! ARRGGHHHH! I threw it in the corner in a huff! I talked to mum and it wasn’t until she suggested I soak it and hang it on a hanger to length it that I actually brought it out again.
Well it was mum to the rescue because the hanger trick added a few inches to it and its now perrrrrrfect!!! Thanks Mum!